With the global increase of X-431 scan tool sales, we have found companies dealing in pirated/illegal versions. These companies are selling X-431 illegally and without Launch Tech Co Ltd authorization.Furthermore, since the structure and configuration of some units have been altered greatly during the piracy/registration process, these units will not and cannot, be updated and serviced by authorized Launch branches and dealers. Future software updates or warranty services may be null and void. Just as important, these units have caused irreparable damage to the vehicles being tested.
We kindly advise all consumers: Please DO NOT purchase pirated/illegal X431 from these companies & websites. You will find that the cost savings up front will soon be overshadowed by the added costs you will incur by having to reconfigure, update, repairing or even not using these units. Additionally, we welcome consumers to report those companies and traders who are suspected of selling these pirated/illegal units. Launch Tech Co Ltd reserves all rights to legal action and will enforce these rights to the strictest code of the law.
These are just some of the problems other customers have had with counterfeit / illegally imported Launch units.
1. The main chip which stores the serial number information, have been tampered with and illegally replaced.
2. The serial number of the diagnostic box has been illegally refreshed, so hardware & software do not match.
3. The PCA of the power board has been replaced with fake ones of inferior quality, which will cause damage to vehicles electronics.
4. The original system language has been illegally changed, to mask which country it was made for.
5. The diagnostic software is purchased through illegal channels, so does not always work as it should. This will cause severe failures on the vehicles it is being used on.
6. The Super 16 connectors were not manufactured by Launch so do not have correct configuration.
7. Any such products which have been tampered with or are counterfeit, Launch will not offer any warranty, maintenance, or support. These units cannot update from the X431 website either.
8. Any counterfeit products returned to Launch for repairs will be confiscated and destroyed.
These devices are commonly purchased through unauthorised channels such as Amazon, Alibaba etc. Launch reminds all customers to purchase the devices through the legal channels and authorised dealers.